Dear G-ma,

    Oh how I miss you. How I wish you were still here. There are so many times that I have wished that I could tell you everything that is going on in my life.
    It all started when I got my job at Pizza Hut. Well it started when you died, there were soo many times that summer where I wanted to come over to you place just to hang out with you. Even so, there was something about saucing and cheesing pizzas that made me think about you. So many Fridays were spent prep-ing pizzas and thinking of you. You would have loved to hear about my boss and all the interesting people I would meet on a daily basis, both coworkers and customers. You would have loved to hear my stories of delivering to truck drivers. There was always soo much irony in them telling me to be careful who I deliver to because there are so many crazy people in the world.
    Then there was the volunteer work I did at the elementary school. I forget about that now because I feel like I didn't really do much, but you would have told me differently. You would have been so proud of me and you never would have let me forget it.
    A part of me died when you passed away. I'm no longer as artistic as I once was. But a new part of me was born then too. I discovered I loved and missed helping you with all your computer problems. I started going to Harrisburg Area Community College. Not to be a graphic designer like I had always said in high school, but to be a computer technician. I want to teach elderly people to use their computers. I want to help them see pictures of the grandkids and great-grandkids. Just like I helped you. I finished my program earlier this year and received a certification in computer repair. I just don't know how to start doing what I want. I don't even want to make money, I just want to do it.
    I met David after you left. It's so hard to know that he never got to meet you. He is my love. He helped me when G-pa passed away. I miss you both soo much. David and I got engaged a few weeks before G-pa died, so I'm sure you know about that. The wedding was so beautiful. Everyone was there but you two (well and Dayvd and Gwen, but I know we will see them at the big Graybill Reunion next summer). I did some major modifications on my wedding dress, you would have been soo fascinated by it. The wedding was held in beautiful Pine Grove PA, and Andy Lloyd, you remember him, did the ceremony. Now David and I live outside of E-town in an old farm house divided into four apartments. You would love it, even if you wouldn't have been able to get up the step to our second floor apartment.
    I'm still working at Pizza Hut a little, but I also got a job as a bank teller at M&T Bank. I have a lot of frustrations with it but I really do think I could keep doing it for a long time. That is, as long as I can just be a teller and not be pressured into more.
    I said I'm not as artistic as I once was, but it's starting to come back to me. And I think it makes me miss you even more. David and I are starting to get into Civil War reenactment. As you would know, everything was hand made back then- not saying you were around in the Civil War, but even when you were a child things were hand made. And so I want to make soo much of the stuff for this, like baskets, wooden chests, blankets, and even clothing. Sewing is the one art I still take part in at this point. I met someone who wants to learn how to make baskets, I think I might try to teach her. How proud would G-pa be?
    All your journals and writings are safe. They are with me and I am in the process of digitalizing them so the whole family can have a copy. Every once in a while I pull out your computer and look through all your photos. They make me smile and cry at the same time. I write this blog because of you. You showed me how important it is to document our lives. Also I know that if you were still here, you would have loved to read everything that I write just like you loved any from of art that I showed you. You are my inspiration G-ma. I spend everyday trying to be the best person I can for you. You were loved by soo many because of everything you did for people, I hope that I can be just like that.
    You are missed by me and soo many others. I love you.
~Bethany Jo

Comments