Civil War Reenacting

So this weekend was my first Civil War reenacting event that I have ever participated in. Technically, it would be considered a living history because we didn't reenact any battles. We joined up with the 87th PA Co by the PA monument in Gettysburg. We set up camp on the actual Gettysburg battlefield, which was quite a honor. We got there Saturday and camped out until Sunday evening. The men did a few firing demonstration over the weekend, while the women sat around sewing and knitting. The women of the 87th were very nice to me as a newbie and let me borrow clothing so I would fit in. By the end of the weekend, I had an outfit of my own because one of the ladies took me into town and helped me get a goo deal. I guess that means I'm in this for good now. LOL. David absolutely loves the civil war. Which you all know already cause I posted about it all ready. Anyway. I don't have a lot to say about it. I don't know anything about the Civil War. I feel like people are so focused on the actual war that the culture of that time got lost. I guess this is how people are trying to remember it. Now I start a new journey of learning as much as I can about girls my age in the 1860s.

Here are some pictures from the weekend taken by the group photographer, Ann Ahlers.




Comments