My Sister is a College Graduate

Wow the past few weeks have been a blur since I returned from my trip. While on my trip the only constant was that I had to be back by the end of May so I could go to Savannah with my family for my Sister's graduation. I made it back with plenty of time, but I immediately filled that time with friends and projects. I felt like there was so much I had to get done in the short time that I was home. Unfortunately blogging wasn't one of those projects.
So then this past weekend (and if I don't finish this post it will be a full week ago) my whole family went down to Savannah Georgia to see my sister receive her diploma. For the past four years she had worked hard at Savannah College of Art and Design. She majored in Interior Design and minored in sustainability. Now before you get all excited about her coming and redecorating your house, I want to add a disclaimer. The roll of interior designer has evolved. People have realized how important it is for the inside, not just the outside, or buildings to be well designed. You can see this in how there are less white walls and more well thought-out color, less cubed off rooms and more open spaces. Civilization spends so much of its time inside. Houses, offices, stores, medical building, and restaurants. Each of these places is carefully designed to make you feel something. Comfort and warmth, low-stress and encouragement, want and empowerment, healing and strength, and hunger and happiness. It's not crazy, it's good design. That is what she does. More specifically she dreams of designing hospitals in a way that helps the patients feel better. She received a job at an architecture firm in Charlotte North Carolina and I think will be doing just that.
Not gonna lie I have tried to live vicariously through her for the past few years and will probably continue to live vicariously through her. Since she was young she has always known exactly what she wanted to do. And then she went out and did it. I know that everyone has different paths in life, but I've always been a little jealous. Plus I think her dream is just amazing. I know on multiple occasions, I've found myself talking about her instead of me when hanging out with friends. It's actually a big deal, because when we were younger we didn't get along. So Emma, if you are reading this (which I honestly don't think you are) I am really proud of you. And I am proud to call you my sister.

Comments