Here We Go!

Ladies and Gentlemen!
This -hopefully- is the start of my new blog to keep friends, family, and stalkers ;) updated while I am in Germany. I say hopefully because I've never been very good at blogging, let alone keeping a journal. (hey, I just realized why a journal is called that. It's because it keeps track of your journey. journ-al, journ-ey. get it?) Well now that I got off that rabbit trail, lets get to the point.
The real reason why I wrote this post is to tell you about the school that I am going to in Germany this fall/winter season. The school is called Marriage Of The Arts (MOTA) and is a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Discipleship Training School (DTS). It is based in Herrnhut Germany.
"The Marriage of the Arts DTS is an opportunity for artists to step into the Great Commission in a new way. Participants will create art that is informed by God's Word in regards to the "least among these,” intern for ongoing ministries, and help pioneer new ministries while preparing for and serving on outreach.   
Our school provides training within your Art Track. Each student will have time to further develop his or her skills and learn new methods to use art to reveal God’s love to others and change the world for Him. This time is also an opportunity to focus on your faith in the context of your identity as an artist. Throughout the course, a wide variety of speakers will lead explorations of relevant topics as they teach, lead workshops, and pass on insight about God’s nature from their personal experience
Our lecture phase is a set aside time and environment where you can actively pursue and push deeper into relationship with God. We strive to be a community of people actively pursuing God together, growing in knowledge, understanding, and skill.
Come closer to him as he reveals the dreams and plans he has for your life. Discipleship does not happen by only sitting in a classroom or behind a desk. Discipleship is an action. It happens by walking with Jesus and following him wherever he leads."  
~http://mission-live.com/mota_dts
I don't know what else to say about the school except that I'm very excited to go. It's really awesome because one of the tracks (like it said earlier) is a graphic design track, which is what I want to get into as a career. I'm also really looking forward to getting to know God better, and being around people who truly love Him. To see and read some of the crazy stuff that last year's MOTA School did go to this link. ATOM Magazine  IT'S REALLY AWESOME!

Well I guess that's it for now. Oh and thanks to all of you who gave me spiritual and financial support!
~Bethany Graybill

Comments